19 Dec 20 Ways to Get Ready for 2020
You may be reluctant to put your house on the market during the holidays. Understandable since things are notoriously slow between Thanksgiving and Christmas. However, that doesn’t mean you have to be passive in the waiting! Consider the following 20 ideas to get ready to list your home in 2020!
1. Declutter, declutter, declutter.
2. Pack away the personal collections and family photos.
3. Freshen up paint and neutralize colors.
4. Steam clean the carpets and get those hardwood and tile floors shiny clean.
5. Clean the grout.
6. Clean the baseboards, chair rails, and crown molding.
7. Clean all the light fixtures, including exterior ones.
8. Clean out cabinets and cupboards. Make sure everything is neat and tidy to showcase space!
9. Make sure closets are only 2/3rds full and nothing is on the floor.
10. Invest in pretty storage containers to help control the look of “stuff” that may be distracting.
11. Deodorize the furniture. While you may be taking it with you, you don’t want residual odors to linger.
12. Clean the windows.
13. Clean out the garage.
14. Consider renting a storage facility to store excess furniture that may be overwhelming rooms in your home.
15. Freshen up the curb appeal of your home with new house numbers, fresh plants, and pressure washing.
16. While you’re outside, tidy up the backyard and give it the sense of outdoor living and purpose.
17. If you have pets – ask a friend for honest feedback about pet odors. Address pet stains.
18. Get into the habit of keeping the house in immaculate condition whenever you leave.
19. Stage the house.
20. Call me and let’s make a plan.