07 Mar 5 Characteristics of a Great Realtor
Choosing a realtor is a big deal. You want someone who is willing to go to bat for you, look out for your best interest, and understand you and your family’s unique needs. To that end, we’ve compiled five characteristics to look for in a great real estate agent.
- A Great Listener. Your realtor should be able to hear you, but more importantly — listen. This isn’t about them; it’s about you. They need to be able to listen to your unique wish list and help direct you to the home that is best suited to meet your expectations.
- A Love for Houses. When someone sells you a product — you want to know they believe in it. A great realtor is going to be enthusiastic about houses. They are going to know what to look for and how to identify the best bang for your buck in real estate.
- A Willingness to Negotiate. Your realtor needs to be an artist in the world of negotiations. They need to be willing to go to bat for you and help you get the best deal possible.
- A Go Get’ Em Attitude. You need an enthusiastic mover and shaker who knows how to hustle! You want your realtor to be ready to go for you when you’re ready to move!
- An Understanding of the Market. Your realtor should definitely know the market, be able to answer questions, and have a strong knowledge of the community in which you are looking to move.
These characteristics help set the stage for a great partnership between Real Estate Agent and Buyer / Seller.