21 Mar Spring Cleaning
It’s officially spring, so let the Spring Cleaning begin! Especially if you’re thinking of listing your home! Spring cleaning is a great idea anyway, but especially right before listing! Some important steps to include are:
- Dust the walls and baseboards — they accumulate dust! Don’t forget the crown molding too!
- Reseal grout lines to freshen them up.
- Shampoo the rugs and carpets — help them smell fresh and loosen recent stains.
- Polish door and window hardware.
- Make sure you dust the window sills and door frames.
- Clean the blinds — it’s a pain, but it’s an often overlooked detail.
- Clean the upholstery on your furniture — it is a reflection of the care you show to your home!
- Clean the ceiling fan blades.
- Touch up chipped paint in all the rooms.
- Clean the windows and screens.
- Dust out the tracks on sliding doors.
- Clean the oven and burners.
- Clean out closets and drawers.
All of these steps, as well as a good cleaning, are the first steps to getting your home ready for a new buyer!